17.9.09

Flowers and Weeds

What's the difference?
What if somebody purposely planted dandelions, would they be considered flowers?

He surprised me today. I was trying hard not to get my hopes up, telling myself "he's not going to be there, he's coming home tomorrow."
Guess who showed up, bright purple-pink gerber daisy in hand. I was so happy that I leapt into his arms and buried my head in his chest. The rest of the day I was mushy and smiley and resisting the urge to skip down the halls. (I would be smacked, by several people.)

Today was the first of many grad assemblies. Graduating is becoming a reality now, not just some far off dream. Its a weird feeling, scared, excited, impatient and something else I can't figure out. The cliche word for it would be "butterflies" but its more than that.
I like how Mack put it.
We were talking about our days, lives, summers, ect. while weeding the school's garden. He said that its like we're on the on-ramp to the highway. Its the same feeling, nervous, excited. University is like the highway, fast moving, crowded, scary but the only way to get where you're going.

My hands are raw now, from pulling up monster weeds, but my body is craving that post-exercise burn. Time to try something new, Yoga maybe?
busy busy busy
Victoria Secret job fair tomorrow, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment